CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Homemade Cleaners

I have gone down the road of homemade cleaners and so far so good! we are trying to save money and this has truly helped! So Far we make our own Laundry Soap, Dishwasher Detergent, and All Purpose Cleaner. Actually my husband and I have fun making it together after the kids go to bed at night. It gives us time to talk and work together. Even using coupons these items can get terribly expensive and we only have three kids so far! I usually am washing at least one load a day (most of the time more), The Dishwasher runs at least once a day (again mostly more) and I wash my counters off a thousand times a day with all purpose cleaner. It not only help to save money but it is nice to know exactly what chemicals I am using. OK, now for the recipes!

Laundry Detergent

1 Cup Washing Soda ( this is totally different from Baking Soda. I found it at Harris teeter.)
1 Cup Borax ( Found this at either Food Lion or Harris Teeter)
1 Bar of washing Soap- Grated Soap (usually in the detergent isle.)

I use a five gallon bucket with lid to store this.

Mix Four Cups of water with Grated Soap in Sauce Pan over medium heat stirring constantly. Stir until Soap is totally Melted. Mix in Washing Soda and Borax until dissolved.

Pour into Bucket and fill with Water. Stir around. Put lid on and let sit overnight. This soap will most likely come out as a different texture every time. We have had watery Soap, Mushy Soap, and even Jelly Soap. They all work the same!


Dish Washer Detergent

1 cup Washing Soda
1 Cup Borax
1/2 cup Kosher Salt
4 Packs Kool-Aid lemonade Flavor ( no other Flavor)

Mix all ingredients and store in an airtight container. Use two tablespoons for each wash.



All purpose Cleaner

Water
White Vinegar
dish washing liquid
Lemon Juice

Fill a spray bottle halfway full with water. Fill the remainder with Vinegar. Add three drops of Dish washing Liquid and 1/2 cup lemon Juice. Shake up.



1 comment:

  1. This is great! I use the exact same recipe for my laundry detergent, but to clean, I only use vinegar, so I'll definitely have to try your recipe. Don't have a dishwasher, but if I'm ever lucky enough to get one, I'll know where to come!

    ReplyDelete