CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Savannah Crabcakes and Stewed Potatoes

I had a few people want the recipe to my Dinner last night after posting on Facebook so I decided to Type it up and put it on the worthy ol' blog! I love to cook new stuff and my family loves to eat what I cook so can't go wrong there! To make things even better I have a good friend who has a food only Blog that I can steal recipes off of! If you get a chance go check it out! http://www.emilyinthekithen.blogspot.com/
She has some awesome Recipes!


Now to the Yuminess we devoured last night!


Savannah Crab cakes

Ingredients:

  • 1 Pound of Crab meat
  • 1/3 cup crushed Ritz crackers
  • 3 green onions (green and white parts) finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • dash cayenne pepper
  • Flour, for dusting
  • 1/2 cup peanut oil
Directions: In a large bowl mix together all ingredients except flour and peanut oil. Shape into Patties and dust with flour
Heat Oil in Large Skillet over medium heat. When Oil is hot, carefully place crab cakes in oil. Fry until brown around 4-5 minutes. Then flip and fry on other side for 4-5 minutes.
Crock Pot Stewed Potatoes
This is a recipe I kind of made up as I went along. :)
Ingredients:
  • Potatoes, Skinned and cubed
  • Onions sliced up
  • Water to cover potatoes in crock pot
  • two chicken bouillon cubes
  • salt
  • pepper
  • one stick of butter

Place all of the above in Crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment